When should I be concerned about my child's speech/language development? 

The following nine guidelines will help you decide if your child has a speech or language problem. If any of these apply to your child, you should arrange for a complete speech and language evaluation. 

  • If by two years, your child does not use at least 100 words with appropriate meaning or cannot follow simple commands like "Where is your nose?" 

  • If by age two and a half, your child is not producing any two-word combinations, such as "Baby happy" or is not understanding words other than simple nouns. 

  • If by age three, people outside the family cannot understand 75% of your child's speech. 

  •  If by age four, your child still uses sentences that are consistently very short, such as "Daddy play ball". 

  • If by age four and a half, people outside your family cannot understand 90% your child's speech. 

  • If by age five your child still makes many 'mistakes' on pronouns or words endings such as "Them goed home". 

  • If you child stutters. 

  •   If any age, your child's voice is consistently harsh, hoarse, too high, too low or too monotone. 

  •  If your child is concerned or embarrassed by his or her speech or language at any age. 

Who can make a referral? 

We accept referrals from parents, teachers, and other professionals. No doctor referral is necessary. The majority of our referrals come from parents like you! 

What are the costs of your services? 

Service rates depend on the length and type of service. Please contact our office at 647-262-7774 to get more detailed information regarding our rates.


Where is Little Town ABA Therapy for Autism located? 

We are located at 122 Queen' s Plate Drive Etobicoke, Toronto. (between Hwy 27 & Rexdale Blvd), 

What should I bring to the assessment? 

Please remember to share any previous medical or speech-language therapy reports when you bring your child in for a speech-language assessment. 

Is this service covered by extended health plans? 

Most employee health care plans provide partial or full coverage for services from a registered Speech-Language Pathologist. Please check with you provider. There are also government services offered to children (0-5yrs). 

How can I help my child at home? 

Parent’s or caregivers have the greatest impact on their child’s speech and language development. I understand the importance of the parent’s role and so provide various activities for home carryover to help your child be the best communicator they can be. You can help by: 

  •  Providing an environment that encourages communication 

  • Getting down to your child’s level when talking to him/her 

  •  Using simple language 

  •  Asking fewer questions and making more comments